In the spring of 1968 Rev and Sis C. MacDonald traveled from England to Canada to begin pastoral work. Under the leadership of the then overseer Bishop C. Chapin. Rev and Sis E. MacDonald pioneered the West Toronto Church of God along with six other (pioneer) members- Brother R Ambursley, Sister V. Burey, Brother and Sister Fraser, Sister J. Martin and Sister Somerville.
The little membership grew rapidly and on June 30, 1968 the church was organized with twenty-three members (some of whom are still with us today). It soon became necessary to move into a larger building, so Rev. C. MacDonald and the members started looking for another building. With the encouragement of Overseer Chapin coupled with the steadfast faith of Rev. C. MacDonald and the willingness of the members to give towards the work, they managed to purchase a new property.
On May 2, 1992 the Pioneer and Pastor of West Toronto Church Pastor MacDonald passed away suddenly. For three and half months the church was without a pastor. During this interim, Rev. Dr. G. S. Peart was chosen as the new pastor. Rev and Mrs. G. Peart took up office on Sunday September 22, 1992. Shortly after Dr. Peart took over, the membership began to grow rapidly. As a result, parking spaces became more and more limited. On account of this dilemma, Rev. Peart and the council began to seek a new site. There were many obstacles but he had a vision and was determined to see the vision realized.
|May 9th @ 7:30p||"Mi Get Mi Landed-Part 1" Stage PlaySaturday, May 9th, 2015 @ 7:30pm
$35 in advance; $40 @ the door; $20 - 12 and under
|May 10th||Mother's Day|
|May 29th - 31st||West Toronto Young Men's - Weekend Retreat
Theme: Living with Integrity
Cost $60- Crystal Beach
See Rev. Glen Ricketts for Info.
|June 20-22||Kids Sonfest - For ages 12 and under @ Ameri-Cana
Conference Resort Spa & Waterpark,
Niagara Falls, ON
Cost - $125 with 4 per room. Deposit of $50 due May 3rd 2015
Declaration of Faith
- In the verbal inspiration of the Bible
- In one God eternally existing in three persons; namely, the Father, Son, and Holy Ghost,
- That Jesus Christ is the only begotten Son of the Father, conceived of the Holy Ghost, and born of the Virgin Mary. That Jesus Christ was crucified, buried and raised from the dead. That He ascended to heaven and is today at the right hand of the Father as the intercessor.
- That all have sinned and come short of the glory of God and that repentance is commanded of God for all and necessary for forgiveness of sins.
- That justification, regeneration, and the new birth are wrought by faith in the blood of Jesus Christ.
- In sanctification subsequent to the new birth, through faith in the blood of Christ; through the Word and by the Holy Ghost.
- Holiness to be God’s standard of living for his people.
- In the baptism with the Holy Ghost subsequent to a clean heart.
- In speaking with other tongues as the Spirit gives utterance and that it is the initial evidence of the baptism of the Holy Ghost
- In water baptism by immersion, and all who repent should be baptized in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost.
- Divine healing is provided for all in the atonement.
- In the Lord’s Supper and washing of the saint’s feet.
- In the premillennial second coming of Jesus. First, to resurrect the righteous dead and to catch away the living saints to Him in the air. Second, to reign on the earth a thousand years.
- In the bodily resurrection; eternal life for the righteous and eternal punishment for the wicked.